Social icons

The perfect... black ankle boots

Monday, 23 September 2013
It's official, autumn is here and if you're anything like me this means your quest for the perfect pair of ankle boots has begun anew. Truth be told I started looking in August, hey I have big feet and I get very bothered when my size has sold out. Grrrrrrrr. I have been crushing on Acne's Pistol ankle boots for several seasons now, but I can't swallow the price point, not when I need to get a new fence put up in the garden (oh that's a whole other post because building fences is really just a license to print money) and not when I know they will eventually get trashed rescuing one of my children from a tree/ ditch/ monkey enclosure at the zoo.

There is a lot of choice online and on the high street; I find it's helpful to have an idea of what I'm looking for before I start, for example biker boot or stiletto? Closed toe or peep toe? Leather or well you get the idea, it's not rocket science. If you have thick or skinny ankles pay attention to the angle of the boot opening, a low horizontal boot opening may draw attention to this where as a cowboy style or slightly angled style can work well. Here are some of my favourites.

Clockwise from top left: Whistles, Acne, Nine West,  Kurt Geiger.


In the end I was seduced by a pair of mid-heel leather and suede beauties from Anthropologie. They have just the right amount of slouch to dress up or down but it was the sleek, shiny leather and the contrasting wooden heel that got me. You'll be seeing a lot of them this winter, but if you can't wait click here.

What do you think?

Em x

Post a Comment

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.