Social icons

A Personalised Experience at Feather & Stitch

Thursday, 3 October 2013
Last week I attended a party at Feather & Stitch in Richmond-upon-Thames to celebrate the arrival of the new season's collection (with thanks to Sarah of Sister Marketing). The champagne flowed, the nibbles were divine and I even had my nails done. By far the best part was getting my hands on the new collection before the well-heeled women of Richmond!



Feather & Stitch is run and owned by fashion savvy Fiona Sanderson (Fi to her friends), she started her career as a buyer for a large well known high street retailer and travelled the globe looking for the next big trend. Which has clearly served her well as the boutique is filled with a thoughtful edit of the season's key trends as well carefully selected staples from brands such as American Vintage. I immediately started crushing on a cardigan from Des Petits Hauts and it would seem I'm not the only one who fell in love with it as it's now sold out (damn those well-heeled women of Richmond)!

Cardigan: Des Petits Hauts. Tanks: American Vintage.



I was also tempted by a pair of cords by Dutch design house Maison Scotch, they are so perfect I could wear them for the school run, for a night on the town or just hanging out at a pub for a lazy Sunday lunch. I may have to go back for them... However, knowing myself and how easily I am distracted by gorgeousness artfully displayed on a hanger I went with a shopping list. Yes, clever me. I wanted a pair of black leggings and a neutral blouse. I tried on two pairs of leggings the Filippa K reptile leggings and the By Malene Birger Dakarai trousers. I loved the slinky feel of the Filippa K leggings but the By Malene Birger pair took about ten years and two kids off my ass. Worth. Every. Penny.

From left: Filippa K, Maison Scotch, By Malene Birger


I also chose a cream v-neck blouse by PYRUS. Unlike a lot of light or neutral coloured blouses this one is not sheer or see through at all, plus it hangs beautifully without clinging. I nearly bought the slightly fluffy sweater by Des Petits Hauts, it will probably sell out by the end of this week, but the thirty minutes spent trying to extract a tiny angora hair from my eye afterwards kind of took the shine off for me.

From left: PYRUS, Des Petits Hauts.



The final perk of the evening was a wonderful goody bag filled with beauty products from abeautifulworld.co.uk. The Dahliana Overnight Fruit Lift Crème is doing wonders for my skin, not surprisingly it won a Beauty Innovation Award in 2012, it's a miracle in a pot. Happily I'm also able to share with you, my lovely readers, a 20% discount from A Beautiful World for your first purchase. Just enter ABW20 at the checkout. They also stock those delectable Butter London nail varnishes from my last post http://bellalovesbear.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/tulip-fever.html. Time to stock up? I think so.

What will you choose?

Love Em x

1 comment

  1. Oh I love that. Two kids off your ass. And so true! Your ass looked amazing in them! xx

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.