Social icons

Today we made... Fig, thyme and goats' cheese tart

Wednesday, 30 October 2013
I've been meaning to make this tart for aaaaaages and now that I've tasted it I can confirm that it was worth the wait... we're talking seriously good eats people. It's perfect for a lunch, or sweet and cheesy starter for the next time you have guests over. It smells as good as it looks too.

You will need:
Olive Oil (and brush)
4 sheets of ready-rolled filo pastry
75g crème fraîche
125ml semi-skimmed milk
15g Italian hard cheese (grated)
3 medium eggs
7g fresh thyme (washed and de-stalked)
125g crumbly goats' cheese
4-6 fresh figs (halved)

Preheat your oven to 180ºC. Brush olive oil onto the inside of a loose-bottomed cake tin, then start to line the tin with the filo pastry. Brush each layer of filo pastry with more olive oil before adding the next layer. 

Mix the eggs, crème fraîche, milk, most of the thyme and grated hard Italian cheese together in a bowl. When they are combined stir in the crumbled goats' cheese and season with black pepper. Pour this mixture into the cake-tin you layered with filo pastry.

Cut the figs in halve and lay them in a circle (cut-side up) on top of the mixture. Sprinkle any remaining thyme over the top. Bake the tart in the oven for 45 minutes until golden and set. 

Allow the tart to cool slightly before releasing it from the cake tin. Slice, eat and enjoy with salad.


With thanks to Sainsbury's for the recipe.

4 comments

  1. Yum! This looks lovely :) I like figs and cheese separately so I'm sure I'd like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really good... I've just had seconds x

      Delete
  2. That looks so delicious.I wish I was a fan of figs but I'm still going to make this whether I like them or not. Hahaha.

    Please check out my blog too at http://thesecretlifeofabeautylover.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanaya, I think you could easily substitute the figs for mushrooms if you prefer... x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.