Social icons

Print-tastic!

Wednesday, 13 November 2013
Prints have been around for many a season now. I'm a big fan, but then I find that in life excitement begins at the end of your comfort zone. The same is true for fashion. The current craze for prints encompasses almost every pattern we can put a name to. There are floral prints (big right now), digital prints, ikat, tribal, chevron, stripes, dots, animal, paisley, checked, tartan, photographic, geometric, plaid, gingham, liberty, houndstooth... I have many of them in my wardrobe, but it's these cropped trousers that marked the beginning of my love affair with modern print.

Before these trousers I only ever wore prints up top, trousers and skirts were a print no-go. I didn't think I could carry off such a bold look. Utter nonsense of course. A little conviction and daring is all it took, much like jumping off a cliff into the sea (again Faye, I apologise for breaking the circle of trust) it's scary at first, thrilling to do and completely addictive once you get going. I'm very comfortable wearing prints now. The only thing is I don't often mix up different prints; for me, that is the end of my comfort zone... but I've been thinking about it and do you know what? It's exciting.

Trousers: Anthropologie (find similar here) Coat: Benetton (find similar here) Jacket: Anthropologie (similar here) Blouse: J.Crew Necklace: Accessorize Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs Shoes: Anthropologie (similar here).





6 comments

  1. Stunning - they're like an impressionist painting, absolutely lovely! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, they kind of remind me of space florals... what ever that is. I think I made it up x

      Delete
  2. I love! Amazing! I love the necklace and the trousers. Thanks for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaylunya, the necklace is becoming a favourite. I think you're going to be seeing it a lot x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that entire ensemble! Your pants are adorable!!! I'm sorry, in the US, we call them pants, not trousers, haha. I love the cultural differences. Great look. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.