The Liebster Award
Saturday, 2 November 2013
Thank you so much to Elena Gallego from Aloha from Vogue for nominating me for the Liebster Award. In case you are unaware of what it represents, it is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to help them get out there into the blogosphere and make new connections. If you have received a nomination from me you have received the Liebster Award. To accept the award please follow me on bloglovin'. When you make your own nominations please follow the blogs of the bloggers you nominate and send them a note to let them know. The suggested number to nominate is eleven.
Here are the questions posed by Aloha from Vogue:
1) What's your biggest dream?
I've always wanted to go into space. It will never happen, but I wonder about what's out there and am humbled by the endless possibilities and how fleeting we are in the scheme of things. It's important to make it count.
2) What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
Ha!! Play the lottery, weekly.
3) When was the last time you did something for the first time? What did you do?
When I gave birth to my daughter in 2008. It marks the single most pivatol point of my life to date.
4) What style defines you?
My own. I'm influenced by trends just like anybody else but I don't think any one style is definitive for me. I like to mix it up.
5) What's your favorite holiday and why?
Cinco de Mayo!! I know we don't celebrate it here in the UK, but seriously any holiday that encourages the libation of tequila has my vote.
6) Why did you start a blog?
Years ago, we're talking 2006, my then boss told me I should start a style blog. I had no idea what she was talking about. Just imagine if I'd started then what could be happening now? So, when I was living in the US and my beautiful, stylish friends kept saying that I should start an online diary of what I wear I took notice. Bella & Bear is the result of a lot of careful thought along those lines.
7) What's your motto?
I don't know, what's the motto with you? The Lion King kills me...
8) Would you make a videoblog or are you too shy?
Not at the moment, but it might happen in the future.
9) Tell us something we might not know about you.
I love to swim in the sea, but I dislike swimming pools.
10) What's your favorite hairstyle?
As long as it's easy to maintain I'm flexible on this. I grow my hair, then chop it, then grow it and have a fringe put in. Hair grows back so I'm not scared to try something new. I love shaggy haircuts on my son and my daughter looks A.dorable in pigtails.
11) Who takes photos of you?
I do! I use a tripod and a wireless remote. Something I must do is learn to stand closer to the camera!
My nominees are:
So here are my questions for you:
1) Would you prefer to lead an easy life or an interesting life?
2) If you could know, for certain, the truth to any question or conspiracy theory throughout history (for me it would be the guy on the grassy knoll... who is he and what was he doing there?) which truth would you want to uncover? You can't tell anyone else once you know...
3) Do you believe in fate?
4) How will you recognise true love?
5) Can you forgive and forget?
6) Chanel or Dolce & Gabbana?
7) If you met your lifetime hero, would you be cool or would you totally lose your sh*t?
8) If you commit to heels for the day do you carry flats in your bag, just in case?
9) If you open a bag of sweets or chocolate can you put it away without finishing it?
10) Which is your favourite season and why?
11) Which animal would you save from extinction?