Social icons

Feminine winter whites

Friday, 10 January 2014
Sweater: J.Crew Skirt: Anthropologie (sold out but I love this one) Coat: J.Crew Belt: Jackpot (not available online) Boots: Now on sale at Anthropologie Legwarmers: Old Watch: Michael Kors Earrings: Vintage pearl studs Bracelets: Vintage and Stella & Dot

If you're anything like me you've been finding it hard to haul yourself out of a jeans and jumper funk since Christmas. I keep returning to my comfy dark green cords and a mansized sartorial 'duck in flight' woolen sweater. I may blog this later in the week if I'm still encased in it, but today I made my stand and opted for a feminine take on winter whites. The cable knit sweater and coat are both from J.Crew; the woolen sweater is a great quality knit, I've worn it countless times this winter and it's barely bobbled at all, just a tiny bit on the back of the arms. I've also put it through the washer several times and it's maintained it's shape well, which is important for a sweater this colour. The coat apart from being sublimely elegant also incorporates Thinsulate technology which basically means you're going to be toasty and even better… it's currently on sale. Yay!!

The ankle boots (which are also on sale) and skirt are from another favourite brand of mine, Anthroplogie. I adore their unique mix of whimsical, ethnic and totally glamourous clothes. They also stock amazing homewares. If you sign up to receive the catalogue you are rewarded with an annual birthday treat in your birthday month, nice huh? The mid-length skirt is about to come into it's own this season. In fact if you're not wearing one you'd better be rocking a skort (the next big thing to come to a store near you). Anyway, I find this length is easier to wear with pleats, contrasting pleats are particularly eye-catching or high-definition florals. The drape of pleated material is just a little more forgiving than an a-line silhouette.

I'm not really sure what to say about the leg warmers. It was cold. I dislike being cold. Besides if you don't look too closely they kind of blend into the boots. Yeah I'm reaching here… I think it's going to take a little more to bring these guys back en vogue. Perhaps a polar vortex? You never know.

Post a Comment

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.