Social icons

Hey ombre

Monday, 3 February 2014

Coat by Nasty Gal (sadly sold out but the sale is on!)
Faux fur collar by River Island (this pastel blue one is perfect for spring)
Sequin sweater by Whistles (mine is old, the link is for a similar one)
Belt by Gap (old)
Leggings By Malene Birger (on sale)
Sunglasses Marc by Marc Jacobs
Bag by Mulberry
Lip colour 'Brick' by MAC

It's been hard to miss the ombre trend gaining popularity this winter. Everywhere I turn someone has dip dyed their hair or bought a gorgeous shirt that starts one colour and then fades to a different one. I don't think I'll be trying this out on my hair but I love the look with clothes.

Like any trend it's difficult to know how long it's going to be en vogue so embracing it can require a little more careful thought particularly if you're on a budget, than say investing in a new pair of jeans. A good compromise is to choose accessories, like this scarf from River Island to dip into the look without committing to a key piece that you may tire of by next season, but if like me you like to jump in and really feel the fashion then go for it!

 I fell in love with this Nasty Gal coat the second I saw it, not only is it the perfect shade of red (almost maroon) for my colouring, it fades into a really deep purple that takes the edge off the red which for me makes it a whole lot more wearable; the cut of the fabric also has a great draped shape which ties into the oversized coat trend too.

How are you going to work this look?

4 comments

  1. Fab outfit - truly gorgeous coat, so sad that it's sold out but I hope I can find something similar somewhere :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, I'll keep an eye out for you and send you a link if I find one x

      Delete
  2. I really like the ombre jacket! I never seen one in stores that actually makes me want to buy. But this one has the right color and fabric texture. Almost looks as if it could pass for wool. Either way it goes well.

    Boutzie'
    rebelliousrebell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a wool like feel, somewhere between wool and felt. It's remarkably warm for a thin coat. Thanks for the lovely comment x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.