Social icons

Hiding in plain sight

Monday, 10 February 2014

Click a link to shop the look
Leather trench by Topshop (old, find similar here)
Jeans* by Cabi (I love this pair too)
Blouse by Pyrus from Feather & Stitch
Shoes by Carvela (sold out, I recommend these as an alternative)
Aviators by Rayban
Jewelry by Forever21 & Accessorize (both sold out, links are for alternatives)
Bag is a vintage find

Camouflage clothes are now an oxymoron; consider their original purpose as a defensive tool for soldiers engaged in combat. In 2014 a woman wearing camouflage trousers (who is not a soldier) is not trying to blend in, she is making a statement and it's a bold one. 

I remember the first time camouflage made fashion headlines in the 1990's. There was a distinctly subversive grunge feel to the look, it felt like a two-fingered salute to the prevailing authority of the time. This time round the camouflage look is much more polished, it's gone glam. Michael Kors, Carven and Christopher Kane featured camouflage prints in their catwalk shows last autumn and it's been a strong trend throughout A/W13 showing no signs of losing popularity as we move into S/S14. It is interesting to note that designers and some high street brands have moved away from traditional colours and embraced pink and blue (among other hues) to create camouflage inspired prints with massive visual impact, clearly the antithesis of the original intent behind camouflage clothing. So the message is clear, if you want to stand out from the crowd get your camouflage on.

With thanks to my wonderful friend who gifted these jeans to me xxx

10 comments

  1. Love your pants, this print is so cool!!
    Have a good week

    Viky --- MySecretFashionPoison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky, I think this is the start of my love affair with camouflage print x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I totally agree and I feel VERY lucky that a wonderful friend sent them to me just out of the blue! How great is it to have friends like that? x

      Delete
  3. Love your coat!

    http://fashmongers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It was a great find. I think tranches are going to come into their own this spring :) x

      Delete
  5. This is such a nice outfit, I'm in love with those nude heels!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. (:

    Take a look - http://fizzing-whizbees.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.