Social icons

Posh English Muffins

Saturday, 8 February 2014

This is the weekend. This is breakfast. Poaching fresh eggs, toasting english muffins and sitting down to savour the flavor of freshly squeezed OJ and at least two cups of tea. No rushing, pure bliss.

I've had a glut of eggs recently as I've looking after my neighbour's chickens. It's prompted me to get a little creative and I thought I'd share my two favourite egg-muffin creations.

The first calls for smoked salmon, tabasco sauce and a little creme fraiche. Layer the ingredients however you please.

The second is jam packed full of fresh basil leaves, thin slices of mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic glaze (not vinegar), with a side of sliced cherry tomatoes from the vine.

Season to taste and enjoy.


2 comments

  1. A woman after my own heart Sabrina! Tasty food like this puts a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.