Social icons

Anna Anna Bo Banna BANANA Fanna...

Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Skirt by Alice & Olivia (old, similar available in blue here and white here)
Sweater by Florence & Fred
Shoes by Clarks
Bag by Hoss (old)
Watch by Michael Kors
All jewelry is old

Emma has got her skirt on,
Hip-hip-hip-hooray,
Emma has got her skirt on,
And she's coming out to play... lol x

The moment I saw this sun-spirational skirt from Alice & Olivia I fell in love; it was a heart stopping sensation but two years on I am still so happy with the decision to add it to my wardrobe. The first time I wore it a woman stopped me on the London Underground a.k.a the tube (people do not make eye contact on the tube let alone speak to each other) to compliment me and ask where it's from and ever since it has been garnering praise and admiring glances wherever it goes.

Sadly this particular skirt is no longer available for sale but with midi and maxi-skirts having a major moment right now there are plenty of alternatives to be found. Chiffon pleats are a wonderful way to wear a skirt long as the vertical creases pull the eye down the body breaking up blocks of colour making it easier to wear; plus the movement achieved when the material is in motion is both sassy and sexy, while remaining elegant.

I always wear this skirt with flats. In summer it's sandals but during spring I choose brogues and this pair by Clarks have become an instant favourite. They go with everything and I'm enjoying playing around with the matchy-matchy look by pairing them with this F&F sweater.

2 comments

  1. I love your skirt and sweater! You really deserve the complements!

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.