Social icons

The New Rules

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Jacket by Muubaa from Feather & Stitch (sold out)
Top by American Vintage from Feather & Stitch (in blue here)
Trousers by & Other Stories
Shoes by ASOS
Sunglasses by Marc by Marc Jacobs
Watch by Michael Kors
Necklace by Accessorize (sold out, love this alternative)
 Earrings by Anthropologie (old, but similiar here and here)
Rings, Bracelet & Belt (old)
Clutch c/o Santa

Colour blocking, clashing neons and generally going against every colour rule your mother taught you is still big news. If you're unsure how you want to wear this look I'd suggest you take a peak at Roksanda Ilincic's SS14 collection. Bright orange and yellow were worn together with greys and achieved such directional aplomb it quite took my breath away when I saw it last autumn. Victoria Beckham's SS14 collection also featured bold primary colours paired with black for a sleek tailored look.

While I will be wearing orange this spring, yellow is such a tricky colour for me I try to steer clear of it. Instead I've taken a cue from Prada's recent advertising campaign and I've opted for electric blue, emerald green and neon pink as they work better with my skin tone. Wearing these colours together is the sartorial equivalent of peacocking, it's bold and garners attention. Shrinking violets need not apply.

4 comments

  1. I love that look! And I really love yor hair cut (did I mention that's vitally?)! Wonderful!

    ♥ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stella, I just had it cut again (even shorter) I may look like a boy by the end of the summer. Ha! x

      Delete
  2. The trousers are a wonderful colour really beautiful Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, this blue is a great colour for everyone x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.