Social icons

Toasted Pumpkin Seed & Prosciutto Salad

Friday, 21 March 2014
As soon as the days start getting longer my salad cravings start. I could eat salad and sushi all summer long and never get bored. This is mainly due to the fact that I have a fantastic book by Patricia Wells called "Salad as a Meal". I've been following the recipes inside for two summers now and my personal favourite is a lobster and apple salad... just perfect enjoyed with a glass of crisp, ice cold chablis.

Back to today though, this salad is a doddle to put together yet still packed with flavour. To begin toast a generous handful of pumpkin seeds in sesame oil or olive oil if that's what you have. Chop letttuce, buffalo mozzarella and sweet vine ripened tomatoes and place on a plate. Sprinkle the warm pumpkin seeds over the top, drizzle balsamic glaze over the salad and top with prosciutto. Serve immediately.


2 comments

  1. That makes me hungry! I love the idea of putting thin sliced meat on top plus having the warmth and crunchiness of the pumpkin seeds. I'll add this to my list of blog posts to do and link back if I get to trying and blogging about this meal idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too now I'm looking at it again!! Oh salad cravings... I'd love to see your link if you blog this x

      Delete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.