Social icons

Crushed Oreo Chocolate Bark

Sunday, 29 June 2014
I saw a version of this on Twitter a few weeks ago as I was blogging my white chocolate with rose water & goji berry bark and I knew it would be an instant hit with Bella & Bear. They love anything chocolatey, who doesn't right? I've made it twice since, once with milk chocolate which I found quite sweet so for the second try I used half milk chocolate and half dark chocolate to give the flavour more depth. Eating it is a wonderfully smooth, velvet like sensation with rich chocolate notes punctuated by crunch.


You will need:
150g good quality milk chocolate
150g good quality dark chocolate
3/4 pack of Oreo cookies (crushed)

Prepare a baking tray with baking parchment. Crush the Oreo cookies in a sandwich bag with a wooden spoon.

Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and melt them on a low heat in a bain marie. When the chocolate has fully melted gently pour it onto the baking sheet.

Using a spatula or knife (at room temperature) spread the chocolate evenly over the baking parchment, sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookie chunks over the top of the chocolate and press them in lightly. Transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes. When the bark is set you can chop it or break it up into pieces. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week.

I added a little sea salt over the top of the crushed cookies before allowing it to set, it doesn't need it I just love sweet and salty treats.

Post a Comment

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.