Social icons

Sparkle

Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Oh this skirt, this skirt!! It's pieces like this that make me believe in love at first site. It compounds that intimate feeling you have when you know something is right, that a relationship is meant to be, that you belong together. So it is with me and this By Malene Birger sequin Poliio skirt. It's not just the sequin sparkle that makes this skirt so effective though, the longer length lends added elegance and lady like appeal to the silhouette. The material under the sequins contains elastane so it stretches and moves with you (making it easy to walk) while retaining its shape.

Stylists often talk about transitional pieces, what they mean is that by styling an item well it can be worn across the seasons. In autumn I'll be dressing this skirt down with long sleeved breton tops, a denim shirt and trainers then switching to a sweater and knee-length boots when the cold starts to bite. For the winter party season I'll pair it with a classic black silk vest and accessorise with extra diamonds. So you can expect to see this skirt on repeat on the blog. If you want to get your hands on one you're going to have to act fast, it's sold out almost everywhere and I know for a fact that By Malene Birger have sold out, which means it's going to be near impossible for retailers to re-order. Feather & Stitch have limited stock in store and online now. My advice is to size down, the XS is a UK size 10.

The thing I really love about this skirt though... when the light hits it just right, I look like I'm farting sparkles. Parp.

Skirt by By Malene Birger c/o Feather & Stitch
Blouse by Cos
Heels by ASOS
Sunglasses by Marc by Marc Jacobs
Necklace by Accessorize (old)
Clutch by J.Crew (old find similar here)
Bracelets are vintage

*I received this skirt as part remuneration for the editorial work I do for Feather & Stitch. If you click through to the online store and choose to purchase from the boutique I will receive a small commission. This does not effect your rights as a consumer or the total price you will pay.


5 comments

  1. Love the sparkle. That skirt is fantastic. You look beautiful and I'm not just saying that because we're silver shoes twinsies today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Troy!! I just stopped by your blog to check out my shoe twin :) Great outfit, love the shorts set x

      Delete
  2. So pretty! That skirt is amazing!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that skirt is gorgeous. Looks great on you and love how you paired it with a pastel !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over from Myriad's blog. This skirt is AMAZING. Heading over to their shop right now.

    ReplyDelete

©Bella & Bear 2013, 2014. Powered by Blogger.